Dollar Store Decor
Turn dollar store items into decorative decor for your next DIY project. You’ll be amazed at what you can find! The whole point of any DIY project is to save money. The last thing you want is to add up all your receipts and realize your $5 here and $4 there sent your project way over budget. Unlike Goodwill, items at the dollar store are new, in stock, and only a dollar. They can also be returned at any time in exchange for something new. Below is a list of my favorite dollar store items for DIY decor.
1. Picture Frame Wall Decor
- I turned dollar store picture frames into decorative wall hooks as part of our master bathroom makeover. Frame your fabric and secure frames and hooks directly to the wall.
- I turned dollar store picture frames into customized letters to decorate my daughter’s bedroom wall. I painted the frames pink and used craft paper to frame my child’s name C – O – R – A. Click to see more images from my daughter’s cupcake kid’s room.
2. Bathroom Decor
- For my master bathroom, I used a glass serving bowl and jar I found at the dollar store to hold cotton balls, Q-tips, and wash clothes to decorate my custom DIY shelves.
- For my kid’s bathroom, I used a glass candlestick and medicine jar from the dollar store to decorate the shelves I made to replace the old medicine cabinet
3. Wall Art and Picture Stand
- I found this “RENEW quiet your MIND and SPIRIT” wall art and picture stand at the dollar store and thought they would be perfect for my laundry room makeover. I spray painted the frame white and set it on the counter to hide the ugly black electrical cord connecting to my dryer.
4. Decorative Storage Bins & Buckets
- I recovered this storage bench and added these cute chevron storage bins I found at the dollar store. The Dollar Tree has many great storage bucket and storage bin options for playrooms, pantries, or other areas of your house. For additional storage, I made cupcake storage seats using other common dollar store items items.
5. Christmas Stockings
- I bought these adorable Christmas stockings at Dollar Tree. I used an embroidery needle and thread to embroider all of our names using a simple back stitch.
Please send me pictures and tell me about how you used dollar store items for your DIY projects. I’d love to share your ideas!